There are often such situations when one want to track the location of the person you’re chatting to. Not always, but sometimes it’s really urgent. There are some different methods that you can use according to your convenience but remember one thing that, as the complex is the method, better will be the results. Here, we have three best methods for helping you out in tracking the location of any person by chatting on facebook and other social networking websites.
So, Just don’t only read out but also understand all the method discussed below and use any of them to check out the location of any person by chatting with them on social sites:
Method#1 Track Location By Chatting On Facebook or any other Social Sites: This is fast, but a little tricky method as well as pretty straight forward. Many people have used this method and succeeded. So, you need to be friends with the person you want to track on Facebook or any social site. Secondly, start chatting with that friend. Make sure all other tabs remain closed, and no application is running on the background that consumes your internet. and follow the below-given instructions:
- Press “Win+R“, a shortcut to “Run” or just open “Run” in any other way you know.
- Here, type “cmd” and hit “Enter“.
- Now, In command prompt, type “netstat -an” and hit “Enter“.
- Now this will provide you a list of IP addresses, which will have the person’s address with whom you are chatting too as well.
- Now, you have to look at the possible IP address of the person/victim.
- Next, Click on this link or just copy paste it in your address bar “ ” and then type the IP address on the box and click the button which says “Track IP, Host or Website”.
- And there you go.
Method#2 By Creating Tracking Link: In this method, we’re going to create a tracking link that we’ll send to the victim and that’ll record the location of the person, who opens that link. This is a better way than the first one. And also, once done, it lets you track the Ip addresses.
Basically, you created a link which will save the victim’s IP address with timestamp and user-agent/browser. So, all you have to do is follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, Visit a website such as Hostgator, , , , , etc or just google for free domain hosting websites. , ,
- Now you need to make up a domain name and register yourself there for free. Maybe a subdomain like yoursite.freehosting.com. And also, make sure you can add up your own files.
- Next you have to download a zip file so just click on
- You will see files, Namely: img.jpg, index.php and log.txt. You need to upload them up on your free website’s root.
- Now, the link you created, (yoursite.freehosting.com), this will be your tracking link. So, Now you need to send it to the victim with a good story so that they visit it. And just make sure they visit it.
- Once they click on your tracking URL, the log.txt file will trace their IP, Browser along with the timestamp.
- And you’re Done.
Method#3 By Using Website Tracing Scripts: For this method you need to have a website. In short this method is only for website holders. So, for tracking a person through this method follow the below-given instructions:
- Add the Google Analytics tracking code on your website.
- Create a link of your website or a dummy post would be more preferable.
- Just like in the above method you need to make them click on the link you just sent.
- If you would stay online, you can see them on your Google Analytics account for the link. Otherwise, you cab visit there later, and check out the history and other details.
- For the user’s stat, Google Analytics is a lot more detailed one but there are other tracking links are also available such as Histats, Statcounter, etc.
Note: – This guide is only for knowledge purpose and shouldn’t be used for any illegal activities as we are not responsible for anything happens with this.
Hope you like this article. So, don’t forget to share it with your friends and also feel free to drop a comment below if you still face any kind of problem.