are expensive and come with an expiry date. So, If you don’t want to spend on any antivirus program to delete viruses then you can locate a virus manually using the Windows Command Prompt and can also do the successful deletion process. So, Learn How to Perfectly Remove Using CMD.
As we know, The Command prompt is a utility program that have an access to alter all the system files of windows, and in this method, we will be using the same access of cmd. This method works on attributes removing which can be one reason of.
Steps To Remove Virus Using CMD:
- Go hit on Start button.
- Then, click on Run.
- In the search box type cmd.exe.
- Now, Type dir c: s -h *. * /s /d (You can also type attrib -s -h /s /d *.*) and press “Enter” on Command Prompt.
- The command prompt will load all the files in your drive. If you see anything suspicious like Autorun.inf or any .exe file. Then these files you need to watch out for.
- If you found any .exe and the Autorun.inf file that’s it. You’ve just found the virus file.
- Write down the program’s name and where the program is located.
- Rename the Autorun.inf so you can open it without activating the virus. It’s better to rename it in a .rar extension.
- Now, Open your My Computer and select the tainted drive, that has the infected file >> Find the program directory that contains Autorun.inf.
- Right-click on the file you renamed (virus file) and choose “Delete“.
- Done!!. .You’ve successfully removed the virus from your computer’s hard drive.
Stay secure from viruses without spending on expensive Antivirus Softwares. Hope you like this article. So, don’t forget to share it with your friends and also feel free to drop a comment below if you still face any kind of problem.