Now a day, we must know our MAC (Media Access Control) Address for some sort of security issues as we know that a MAC address is a unique identifier assigned to most by the manufacturer for identification.
As we know that, MAC address is used to trace the devices residing over the internet/network. Therefore, for private or anonymous browsing MAC address must be hidden. But first of all, we should know that how to find MAC Address.
So here we’re providing very easy step by step instructions for acquiring the default MAC address of windows PC:
- Click the “Start button” & select “Run” or simply press “Ctrl+R” from the keyboard.
- Then type “cmd” and press enter or click on OK.
- A black Command prompt window will get open. Type “ipconfig /all” and press Enter. (Remember the space between ipconfig and /all).
- Lots of information will be displayed, but what you need is in the Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection section. Write down the Physical Address that looks like “8C-A9-82-5E-8B-5D”. This is the “MAC Address.”
- Your MAC Address (Physical Address) almost always starts with a zero. If you’re writing down a number that does not start with “0” you’ve probably got the wrong number.
- Done . . . So, now as you obtained the MAC address, you can use it your way.
Note: – This guide is only for knowledge purpose and shouldn’t be used for any illegal activities as we are not responsible for anything happens with this.
Hope you like this article. So, don’t forget to share it with your friends and also feel free to drop a comment below if you still face any kind of problem.