MAC (Media Access Control) address is a unique identifier assigned to most by the manufacturer for identification, IEEE 802 standards use 48 bits or 6 bytes to represent a MAC address. This 48-bit address space contains potentially 248 or 281,474,976,710,656 possible MAC addresses.
- Six groups of two hexadecimal digits separated by hyphens (-), like 01-23-45-67-89-ab
- Six groups of two hexadecimal digits separated by colons (:), like 01:23:45:67:89:ab
- Three groups of four hexadecimal digits separated by dots (.), like 0123.4567.89ab
Steps for changing MAC Address:
- Download and install the tool “ ”.
- Extract and launch the tool in your PC.
- Now, select the network where you being currently connected.
- Now, click on “Random MAC Address” button. (The process will generate any random MAC Address for your computer.)
- Now, click on the “Change Now” button at the bottom of the window.
- Now, you’ll see a pop-up saying “MAC Address was changed successfully”.
- Done, now your PC is assigned to a new/random anonymous MAC Address on the network.
Note: – This guide is only for knowledge purpose and shouldn’t be used for any illegal activities as we are not responsible for anything happens with this.
So, Stay secure by attackers and surf anonymously on the network by following the above steps to change MAC address of any Windows PC. Hope you like this article. So, don’t forget to share it with your friends and also feel free to drop a comment below if you still face any kind of problem.